Based in Dagahaley Refugee Camp
Project Summary: The objective of our project is to provide primary and secondary level of health care to the Refugees in Dagahaley refugee camp.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Medical Coordinator. He/she will be responsible of the overall management of medical activities of the Dagahaley Refugee Camp project.
Package: Attractive package on offer with additional benefits including comprehensive health cover. Supportive learning environment within a large, dynamic International Medical Humanitarian Organization with dedicated career paths for proven staff.
Contract duration: 12 months fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance.
Main Tasks include:
- Overview and coordination of all medical activities at field level including Primary Health Care, Outreach, Hospital and Emergency response.
- The MTL works in collaboration with the field team to ensure quality of all medical activities in accordance with the MSF protocols and MSF guidelines.
- The MTL is the medical representative in the field and assists the Field Co with stakeholder relations and attendance and/or communication at official medical meetings.
- He/she provides support and guidance to the Hospital Director, FMA and the Outreach Supervisor
- Kenyan national
- Preference to Recognized Medical Doctor. Paramedical diploma/degree considered only IF exceptionally strong in other requirements of MTL role.
- 2 years post graduate experience related to the diploma /degree (preferably paediatrics and maternity)
- Basic epidemiological background
- Previous experience as Field Coordinator or Medical Field Referent with INGO
- A minimum of 1 year experience with MSF preferably or with other INGO
- Health/project Management experience desirable,
- Registered and licensed to practise by the Kenya Medical and Dentists Board.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong initiative, able to handle complex assignments with proactive attitude, organized, autonomous and attentive to details.
- Due to the nature of the work, an ability to speak Somali could be a strong advantage