Job Title: Nurse or Midwife (Experience in Obstetric and Neonatal Health care)
Location: Likoni sub county of Mombasa
Length of contract: 3 months probationary contract with possibility of extension
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need.
In partnership & collaboration with the Mombasa County Government / Department of Health, MSFCH implements ‘Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare’ services at the Mrima health facility in Likoni, sub-county of Mombasa.
The objective of the activities is to increase access to quality maternal & neonatal health care services to contribute in improving maternal and newborn outcomes.
Main Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, emergency obstetrical and neonatal care in accordance with MoH/MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
- Properly follow up of all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women for medical evacuation and/or complicated delivery
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria are met according to standard specifications
- Guarantee a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering)
- Ensure that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with the MoH/MSF protocols, as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required.
- Participate in the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor.
- Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team.
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community, Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, or Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery from a recognized institution
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as nurse or midwife with experience in obstetric care.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong initiative, flexible, able to handle complex assignments with proactive attitude, punctuality, reliability and commitment
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter, copies of certificates/diplomas and current registration documents to http://uhired.me/e/job-preview/73 before 6th January 2017.We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.