Neonatal Nurse Jobs at Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital
Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital is the second largest Referral Hospital serving the western Kenya and neighboring countries. It is the first Public Hospital to be ISO 9001:2008 certified. The Hospital serves as a Teaching and Research Institution for Moi University College of Health Sciences.
MTRH is a major Centre for specialized medical care, training and research and participates in National Health Planning. With its vision statement “To Be the Leading Multi-Specialty Hospital for Healthcare, Training and
Research in Africa” MTRH is an equal opportunity employer and in her efforts to achieve the desired leadership as a Multi-Specialty Hospital, now seeks to recruit highly, competent, dynamic, visionary, result-oriented professionals to fill the following nursing positions:
Neonatal Nurse Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing patients requiring critical care;
- Assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions, evaluating and documenting patient’s outcomes;
- Providing appropriate healthcare services using Evidence-Based Practice
- Providing health education and counselling patients/clients and community on identified health needs;
- Facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans;
- Maintaining records on patients /client’s health condition and care;
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; and viiCollecting and compiling data.
Qualifications for the Neonatal Nurse Job
- Served in the grade of Registered Nurse III for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Higher Diploma in any of the following discipline: Kenya Registered Peri-operative Nursing, Kenya Registered
- Critical Care Nursing, Kenya Registered Neonatal Nursing, Kenya Registered Nephrology Nursing, Midwifery,
- Mental Health/Psychiatry Nursing, Kenya Registered Accident and Emergency Nursing or Kenya Registered
- Pediatric Nursing qualification from a recognized institution.
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid and current Nursing Practising License (NPL) from Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- CRB – Reference Bureau Certificate
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance
M9 : Kshs. 45,046 x 2,257 — 47,303 x 2,371 — 49,674 x 2,496 — 52,170 x 2,597 — 54,767 x 2,785 — 57,552p.m
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to this grade.
How to Apply
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter in six hard (6) copies, detailed CV, together with copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) referees whereby two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
P 0 Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Wednesday, 26th July, 2017 at 5 pm. Any lobbying and/or canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.