MultiChoice is based in Randburg, South Africa. The company sources channels from around the world, as well as channels produced in South Africa, which are put into packages to suit a variety of viewing tastes and pockets.
One of the company’s brands is DStv. This pay-TV service provides customers with channels that cover: general entertainment, movies, lifestyle and culture, sport, documentaries, news and commerce, music, religion and more. DStv packages range from EasyView (entry-level) to Premium (top-tier), as well as niche packages for the Indian and Portuguese communities. DStv also offers great value-added services such as DStv Mobile, DStv Catch Up and BoxOffice.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience8 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and the successful candidate will report to the Regional Finance Director, East Africa.
The purpose of the role is to provide financial and strategic support to the Regional Leadership Team and across multiple areas including preparing presentations, margin / scenario / sensitivity analysis.
Provide industry and peer group comparisons, economic insights, new business opportunities and other projects.
Finance Manager Job Responsibilities
- Review statutory financial statements prepared by each country for compliance with IFRS & accounting policies and to ensure consistency of disclosure,
- Manage the East Africa reporting cycles & drive Reporting efficiencies to ensure that all deadlines set by the Naspers group reporting team including sign off per reporting requirements from Corporate & statutory requirements are met for all the East Africa Markets.
- Manage business planning processes together with the East Africa Finance Managers, MDs, Regional Finance Director & the Regional Director
- Preparation & compilation of the East Africa monthly management pack for presentation to Exco in conjunction with the Finance Managers (Bring together financial and operational data to provide meaningful insights)
- Meet all deadlines set by the Naspers group reporting team ensuring that all reporting has been signed off per reporting requirements from Corporate & statutory requirements
- Analyze and report monthly on the rolling 24 month forecast by preparing a detailed commentary for submission to RFD
- Develop and manage strategic financial models to assist management in identifying, justifying investment initiatives or performance improvement initiatives including performing risk and business assessment of potential business deals from a financial and strategic position
- Review product margin information to ensure it is kept accurate, up to date and includes additional insights whereby margins become the cornerstone of operational decision-making
- Develop and manage a “reinvestment rate” model to assess the historic, current and future operational and financial performance of each of the major operating entities
- Assist the finance teams In East Africa with implementation of key strategic initiatives
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders across the company’s operating footprint, and to play an integral supportive role to the key stakeholders and Executives
- Provide key input to the company’s short, medium and long term strategy & Assist in preparing defined short and medium term plans and to ensure that all initiatives are aligned and prioritized
- Support all relevant stakeholders relating to any key projects
Qualifications for the Finance Manager Job
- A bachelor’s degree in finance or other related field.
- CPA K qualified/Part Qualified
- 8 years relevant experience,
- Thorough knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Sound knowledge of budgeting & reporting processes
- Experience working in multinational listed group would be advantageous
- Highly numerate with a professional understanding of critical ratio’s, income statement, cashflow and balance sheet structure.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
Reporting to the Quality Assurance and Workforce Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for helping employees cultivate their skills and knowledge to meet organizational needs. He/ She will provide complete training to share expertise in ways that motivate others.
Key Outputs (Products, services, programs and information which the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, or one another to accomplish the organization’s mission and strategy)
Operations Trainer/Coach Job Responsibilities
- Design, compile and update training material, gathering inputs from all relevant stakeholders
- Design assessments for training programmes
- Prepare training facilities and deliver training programs
- Design and manage online learning material and assessments
- Deliver feedback to managers and supervisors
- Compile and manage training administration, schedule and training reports
- Evaluate and assess training
- Coach delegates
- Develop a training plan for Operational projects
- Manage and implement projects
- Conduct Quality Assurance at the various touch points
- Develop, recommend, manage & maintain training quality standards
- Support and maintain the training data base
- Provide contingency support for Contact Center in times of crises
Qualifications for the Operations Trainer/Coach Job
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business Course
- At least 2 years working experience in Training.
- A professional HR qualification will be an added advantage
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter while meeting tight deadlines
How to Apply
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.