Vacancy: Project Manager – Kilifi
A multinational NGO dealing with education and child protection projects is looking for a Project Manager to oversee the implementation of solar power project in Kilifi.
- Provide leadership role in implementation of proposed project in Kilifi;
- Ensure that project contributes to improved livelihood and entrepreneurship opportunities for young women;
- Increasing access and use of clean renewable energy solutions for vulnerable girls and boys and their families in the poorest households;
- Promoting female entrepreneurship and expansion of market structures into rural villages to provide opportunities for economic self-sufficiency and business education for women;
- Promotion of solar power energy technologies to improve education, safety and protection of vulnerable girls and boys and help build the resilience of their families.
- Responsible for cross-cutting corporate quality management,
- Supporting in designing operational monitoring/compliance mechanisms to improve systems and procedures
- Sound design of and overseeing monitoring and evaluation, periodic analysis of the business units
- Ensuring that information collected is reflected upon, used to improve ongoing projects and is incorporated into high quality grant proposals and reports.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (Business Administration, Gender and Development, International Development, Project Management).
- Minimum of 6 years of project management experience, with proven success in managing partnership projects to achieve results.
- Experience working with solar industry especially on home solar kits, working on interventions focusing on women’s economic empowerment specifically and on gender equality and young women’s economic empowerment.
- Managed project budgets over USD 2 million preferably across various implementation sites.
- Specific expertise in gender responsive business skills capacity building.
- Exposure to Gender Responsive Budgeting initiatives.
- Experience in results-based and rights-based programming.
- Proven analytical and writing skills.
- Strong facilitation and training skills and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in capacity development, coaching and mentoring.
- Strong expertise in Monitoring and evaluating of programmes.
- Experience providing coaching, mentoring and leadership to team members.
- Experience with engagement at a strategic level, Governments and INGOs.
Apply by attaching and sending your current CV indicating on the subject line the job title as
advertised to [email protected].
Kindly mention where you saw the job advert.
Applications to be received latest by 3rd February 2017.
Only qualified candidates will be acknowledged.