Accounting Jobs at Murang’a County
Job Group ‘J
Accounting Job Responsibilities
- This is the entry and training grade for non-professionals.
- An officer at this level will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting work of limited scope and under the guidance of a senior officer.
- Specifically, work will involve preparation and verification of vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations involving primary data entry and routine accounting work such as balancing of cashbooks, imprest and advances ledgers etc.
- The scope and complexity of work will increase with experience and training but the officer will still be under close guidance where new tasks are involved.
- He/she will be responsible for safe custody of records and assets under him /her
Requirements for the Accounting Job
- A pass in part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or it’s recognized equivalent qualifications. OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent qualification.
- Ability to get on well with the diverse workforce
- Good knowledge in the professional field of specialization
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take instructions
- Good organizational and supervisory skills
How to Apply
Application forms and details of the all vacancies can be accessed at www.murang’a.go.ke. Applications should be submitted to the Public Service Board clearly indicating the position applied for and reference number on the envelope addressed to:
Murang’a County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 52 – 10200
Applications can be hand delivered at the County Public Service Board Office located within the County Governor’s office, Murang’a on or before close of business on 10th April 2017
Applicants from other Countries are encouraged to apply.