Mwanzoni Ltd is a fast-growing company that offers project and programme management services within the real estate sector. The company is looking for an intern with exceptional customer service skills, solid troubleshooting skills, ability to work well in a team environment, excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
The role offers an opportunity to learn and shape the applications you develop. The intern will provide IT technical support to the team by performing installation, maintenance, testing and troubleshooting tasks.
Duties for the IT Support Internships
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identify and report system issues to vendors.
- Monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors.
- Develop different applications as directed by Mwanzoni management
- Monitor antivirus software and updates and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses.
- Monitor backup systems and procedures to ensure data security.
- Record activities, solutions and other responses to request for service.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Contribute to Mwanzoni technical documentation and participate in policy, procedure, and standards development.
- Consult with vendors, perform research and evaluate products to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment and installation or upgrade of systems.
- Assist users in determining appropriate software solutions to meet needs.
- Develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software use.
- Provide backup technical support for network including router, firewall, and wireless access point.
- Adding, maintaining and improving existing product and category pages for all company websites.
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
IT Support Internships Requirements
- Must have completed an undergraduate degree in a computer related field in the past two years
- Knowledge in object oriented programming language (PHP & Java)
- Understanding of computer network cabling and network file and print services.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectiveness in working with a high performing team
How to Apply
Send your applications to: [email protected]