The National Authority for the Campaign against Alcohol and Drug Abuse (NACADA) was established vide an Act of Parliament in July 2012, and mandated to coordinate a multi-sectoral effort aimed at preventing, controlling and mitigating the impact of alcohol and drug abuse in Kenya.
NACADA wishes to a recruit dynamic, result-oriented and self-driven Kenyan citizen to fill the following vacant position:
Ref No: NAC/ACCT/02/151 Position
Job Grade: NAC 5
Reporting to: Accountant I
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in compilation of financial information and bank reconciliation arising from issuance of licenses.
2. Assist senior officers to compile data on Accounting of expenditure and revenue.
3. Assist in development/implementation of accounting programs, maintenance of ledger and cash books.
4. Participate in issue/use of various accounting tools-payment vouchers, imprest warrants, cheque books, receipts etc.
5. Assist in collection of revenue from various sources-exchequer issues clients and development partners.
6. Work with senior officers to prepare payment documents on claims and debts by employees, suppliers and statutory authorities.
7. Participate in organizing approvals of payments documents ,allocation of funds for payments and effecting the payment
8. Assist in tagging of assets, inputting in the assets management system, computing assets depreciation and verifying balances on each account.
Qualification and Competencies
- Must have CPA (K)
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business Administration/Accounting or Finance will have an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience in a similar position
- Experience in Bank reconciliation
- Computer literate and working experience in NAVISON accounting package.
- Demonstrate skills in good self-management, accounting skills, accuracy and speed.
How to Apply
Candidates should forward their applications by post, courier or hand-delivery, enclosing current and detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, day time telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up the appointment if successful, and names, addresses and emails of (3) three professional referees.
All applications MUST have the job reference number clearly marked on the envelope so as to reach the undersigned not later than Friday August 21 , 2015.
The Chief Executive Officer,
National Authority for the Campaign against Alcohol and Drug Abuse,
NSSF Building, Block A, Eastern Wing, 18th Floor,
P.O. Box 10774-00100 GPO,
NACADA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need someone to talk to on alcohol & drugs? Call our helpline number 1192, free of charge