Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Duty station: Nairobi
Responsibilities for the Director of Finance & Admin Job
- Develop and implement all financial, administrative strategies, policies and procedures to ensure overall achievement of the Authority’s mission.
- Ensure compliance of the Authority’s policies and procedures as outlined in the relevant manuals, accounting standards and statutory requirements.
- Oversee the proper discharge of administrative duties of the directorate including supervision of personnel, financial management and operations.
- Ensure maintenance of effective budgetary process, budget monitoring and control systems.
- Coordinate preparation of financial statements, reports and analysis for Management and Authority’s Board.
- Ensure the Authority maintains adequate systems of Internal controls and risk management
- Liaise with relevant bodies and institutions on financial, human resource and administrative matters.
- Oversee effective management of the Authority’s investments and development of funding proposals.
- Oversee procurement operations and its adherence to the relevant laws/regulations.
- Provide direction on staff recruitment, performance management, reward and compensation, staff development and training, employee relations and welfare.
- Provide direction and oversight on use of optimal ICT infrastructure in the Authorities’ operations.
Oversee security and safety of NACADA’s equipment and assets.
- Ensure leases, tenancy agreements and maintenance contracts are in place where necessary or applicable.
Requirements for the Director of Finance & Admin Job
- Master’s degree in Finance/Business Administration (Strategic Option)/Economics from a recognized University;
- Experience in similar position in the public service is an added advantage;
- Have at least CPA(K)/CPS (K) and a member with good standing with the relevant institute;
- Ten (10) years proven experience and track record in management of Finance, Human Resources and Administration functions with at least five (5) years at Senior management level;
- Thorough knowledge of Financial, Public Procurement, Labour laws and policies and procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a participatory management style;
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution 2010 on Integrity;
Excellent capability for critical judgment, management and problem solving skills;
How to Apply
Please NOTE that shortlisted candidates would be required to provide copies of clearance certficates from the following Institutions: The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), The Kenya Revenue Authority(KRA) and The Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC).
All applications MUST have the job reference number clearly marked on the envelope so as to reach the undersigned not later than Friday 28th April 2017. NACADA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply. Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ag. Chief Executive Officer National Authority For the Camapign Against Alcohol and Drug Abuse, NSSF Building, Block A, Eastern Wing, 18th Floor, P.O. Box 10774-00100 GPO, NAIROBI.