The National Authority for the Campaign against Alcohol and Drug Abuse (NACADA) was established vide an Act of Parliament in July 2012, and mandated to coordinate a multi-sectoral effort aimed at preventing, controlling and mitigating the impact of alcohol and drug abuse in Kenya.
NACADA wishes to recruit dynamic, result-oriented and self-driven Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Ref: NAC/PO/02/15
Job Grade: NAC 5
Reporting to: Regional Managers
Duty Station: Mombasa and Eldoret
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Regional Progamme Managers in Planning, Implementation and Monitoring of Alcohol and drugs intervention programme in the region
- Facilitate partnership linkages and working relationships with Public, Private sector and general public
- Prepare monthly and quarterly work plans and budgets for the regional office in liaison with the regional programme manager
- Facilitate evaluation of alcohol and drugs abuse programs in liaison with regional programme manager
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in social science from a recognized university
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in a similar position
- Skills in community /resource mobilization and ability to work with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of alcohol and substance abuse legislation, policy and related mitigation.
- Knowledge of programme design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and budgeting.
- High level of integrity and team player.
- Be excellent inter-personal, presentation and communication skills.
- Be fluent in written and spoken Swahili and English.
- Excellent computer skills.
How to Apply
Candidates should forward their applications by post, courier or hand-delivery, enclosing current and detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, day time telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up the appointment if successful, and names, addresses and emails of (3) three professional referees.
All applications MUST have the job reference number clearly marked on the envelope so as to reach the undersigned not later than Friday August 21 , 2015.
The Chief Executive Officer,
National Authority for the Campaign against Alcohol and Drug Abuse,
NSSF Building, Block A, Eastern Wing, 18th Floor,
P.O. Box 10774-00100 GPO,
NACADA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need someone to talk to on alcohol & drugs? Call our helpline number 1192, free of charge