The National Authority for the Campaign against Alcohol and Drug Abuse (NACADA) was established vide an Act of Parliament in July 2012, and mandated to coordinate a multi-sectoral effort aimed at preventing, controlling and mitigating the impact of alcohol and drug abuse in Kenya.
NACADA wishes to a recruit dynamic, result-oriented and self-driven Kenyan citizen to fill the following vacant position:
Manager II, Regulatory Services
Ref No: NAC/MRS/02/15
Job Grade: NAC 9
Reporting to: Director Public Education and Advocacy
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the accreditation of training institutions on treatment and Rehabilitation of person with Substance Use Disorders (SUDs)
- Co-ordinate the certification of addiction professionals in the country
- Oversee the Licensing of treatment and Rehabilitation centers
- Ensure development and implementation of advocacy strategies in treatment and Rehabilitation
- Liaison with the stakeholders on the establishment of treatment and rehabilitation centers across the country.
- Spearhead making of recommendation for actions involving formulation of rehabilitation plans and treatment of offenders, including conditional release and education as well as lobbying for inclusion of persons with substance use disorders in the insurance cover.
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation of implementation of treatment and rehabilitation policies /strategies.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly progress reports for policy makers.
Qualification and Competencies
- Master’s degree in psychology/psychiatrist/social work/or public Health.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in a busy organization, three of which must have served on senior management level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills as well as oral and written communications skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work for long hours
- Excellent computer skills
How to Apply
Candidates should forward their applications by post, courier or hand-delivery, enclosing current and detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, day time telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up the appointment if successful, and names, addresses and emails of (3) three professional referees.
All applications MUST have the job reference number clearly marked on the envelope so as to reach the undersigned not later than Friday August 21 , 2015.
The Chief Executive Officer,
National Authority for the Campaign against Alcohol and Drug Abuse,
NSSF Building, Block A, Eastern Wing, 18th Floor,
P.O. Box 10774-00100 GPO,
NACADA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need someone to talk to on alcohol & drugs? Call our helpline number 1192, free of charge