The National Authority for the Campaign against Alcohol and Drug Abuse (NACADA) was established vide an Act of Parliament in July 2012, and mandated to coordinate a multi-sectoral effort aimed at preventing, controlling and mitigating the impact of alcohol and drug abuse in Kenya.
NACADA wishes to a recruit dynamic, result-oriented and self-driven Kenyan citizen to fill the following vacant position:
Senior Counsellor II
Job Ref: NAC/COUN/02/15
Job Grade: NAC 6
Reporting to: Manager Regulatory Services
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in counselling persons with alcohol and drugs abuse challenges, individually and in group sessions-so as to help in overcoming g dependencies, adjusting to life and making changes.
- Provide support in the development of proposals and concepts for treatment and rehabilitation activities.
- Conduct monitoring of treatment and rehabilitation programs
- Participate in providing support in evaluating client’s physical/mental conditions.
- Assist in referring clients and family members to community resources or to specialists where necessary.
- Support report writing on the treatment and rehabilitation activities.
- Provide counselling services on the 24 hour helpline services.
- Maintain effective filling system for soft and hard copies of program and reports.
Qualification and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in counselling, psychology or related field from a recognized university
- Diploma in Addiction counselling will be an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in a similar position
- Team player able to cope with high challenging and fast paced environment
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Must possess excellent inter-personal, presentation communication skills (English and Swahili) in oral and written.
- Excellent writing and computer skills
How to Apply
Candidates should forward their applications by post, courier or hand-delivery, enclosing current and detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, day time telephone contacts, current and expected remuneration, notice period required to take up the appointment if successful, and names, addresses and emails of (3) three professional referees.
All applications MUST have the job reference number clearly marked on the envelope so as to reach the undersigned not later than Friday August 21 , 2015.
The Chief Executive Officer,
National Authority for the Campaign against Alcohol and Drug Abuse,
NSSF Building, Block A, Eastern Wing, 18th Floor,
P.O. Box 10774-00100 GPO,
NACADA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Youth, Women and Persons with Disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Need someone to talk to on alcohol & drugs? Call our helpline number 1192, free of charge