Corporate Communication Officer
STIC Grade 10
Ref. NACOSTI/CCO/STIC 10/2015 JULY
The National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation (NACOSTI) is a State Corporation established under the Science, Technology and Innovation Act of 2013.
The Commission is a Statutory Agency mandated to regulate and assure quality in the Science, Technology and Innovation sector and advise, promote and coordinate on all matters relating to Science, Technology, Innovation and Research issues necessary for proper co-ordination and economic developments of the Country.
To achieve this mandate the Commission advertised several positions in March 2015 for key vacant positions. However, the Commission has found it necessary to re-advertise the above position. Those who had applied earlier are free to re-apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Corporate Communications will be the head of the unit and will be responsible to the Secretary/CEO for all Corporate communications and related matters and will report to the Secretary/CEO for the following:-
- Developing communication and marketing strategy for promoting the Commission programs as well as positioning the Commission brand in the market.
- Carrying out marketing research to identify market needs that will inform the Commission’s programs’ development, improved service delivery, and identify opportunities for the Commission growth.
- Organizing communication and marketing events to the various publics of the Commission such as promotions, press conferences, sponsored programmes.
- Developing all necessary communication and marketing tools and branding materials for the Commission including newsletters, brochures and documentaries.
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of the Commission Website.
- Building and sustaining sound relations with all stakeholders.
- Communicating and disseminating Commission policies, strategies and programmes.
Requirements for AppointmentFor appointment to this Grade, an Officer must:-
- Have served in a Corporate Communication/Affairs/Public Relations position in the Public Service or Private sector, for at least twelve (12) years, three (3) of which must have been in a leadership/senior management position.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following:- Journalist, Mass Communication, Linguistic or Public Relations from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Membership to the professional body of journalists.
- Course in strategic leadership development programme/senior management lasting not more than 4 weeks from a recognized institution.
- Be proficient in ICT
- A good team player
- Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills
- Proven writing and communication skills
How to Apply
Interested Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications enclosing copies of updated Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates.Additionally, they should provide names of three (3) referees one of whom must be an immediate or past supervisor.
A copy of National Identity Card, details of Remuneration history and Current contact MUST be provided.
Candidates shortlisted for interview for the two (2) posts of Directors (STIC 13) must further submit the following:
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
Clearance letter from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Clearance by the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC)
NB: – Candidates with Degrees from Universities outside Kenya must submit a Certificate of Equation and Recognition from the Commission for University Education (CUE).
The successful Candidates for the positions of Directors – STIC Grade 13, will be engaged on a five (5) years Contract renewable for one further term of equivalent period.
Application MUST clearly indicate the Reference Number of the Vacancy and should be sent either by post to:The Director General / CEO
National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation
P.0 Box 30623 – 00100
Nairobi, KenyaOR Hand delivered to Utalii House, Utalii Lane, off Uhuru Highway, 9th Floor, Rooni 902, to be received by 26th August, 2015.
The National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified Kenyans are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing Will lead to automatic disqualification.