Manager, Supply Chain Management
STIC Grade 12
Re-advertisedRef. NACOSTI/SCM/STIC 12/2015 JULY
The National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation (NACOSTI) is a State Corporation established under the Science, Technology and Innovation Act of 2013.
The Commission is a Statutory Agency mandated to regulate and assure quality in the Science, Technology and Innovation sector and advise, promote and coordinate on all matters relating to Science, Technology, Innovation and Research issues necessary for proper co-ordination and economic developments of the Country.
To achieve this mandate the Commission advertised several positions in March 2015 for key vacant positions. However, the Commission has found it necessary to re-advertise the above position. Those who had applied earlier are free to re-apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Manager, Supply Chain Management will report to the Director General/CEO and will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring effective and efficient procurement of works, goods and services for the Commission
- Ensuring compliance with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and other procurement regulations in force
- Developing and coordinating the preparation of annual procurement plan and its implementation
- Developing a Procurement Manual for the Commission
- Coordinating tender, procurement and disposal activities
- Ensuring compliance with Public Procurement and Disposal Act (2005) and regulations
- Preparing procurement documents, processing contracts for supply of works, goods and services and payment documents
- Ensuring delivery of procured works, good and services as per specifications
- Coordinating cost effective disposal of obsolete equipment, furniture and other stores in accordance with law.
- Masters Degree in Supply Chain Management or other relevant field.
- In addition the candidate must have experience of at least eight (8) years in Supply Chain Management Services, three (3) years of which must have been in Senior management position in the Public Service or Private sector.
Candidates with the following qualifications will have an added advantage:
- Be a member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
- A good standing with relevant professional body
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and Regulations, 2006
- Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Strategic leadership course
- Strong leadership in negotiation skills
- Self drive to achieve high results
- Good communication skills
- Team player
How to Apply
Interested Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications enclosing copies of updated Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates.Additionally, they should provide names of three (3) referees one of whom must be an immediate or past supervisor.
A copy of National Identity Card, details of Remuneration history and Current contact MUST be provided.
Candidates shortlisted for interview for the two (2) posts of Directors (STIC 13) must further submit the following:
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
Clearance letter from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Clearance by the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC)
NB: – Candidates with Degrees from Universities outside Kenya must submit a Certificate of Equation and Recognition from the Commission for University Education (CUE).
The successful Candidates for the positions of Directors – STIC Grade 13, will be engaged on a five (5) years Contract renewable for one further term of equivalent period.
Application MUST clearly indicate the Reference Number of the Vacancy and should be sent either by post to:The Director General / CEO
National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation
P.0 Box 30623 – 00100
Nairobi, KenyaOR Hand delivered to Utalii House, Utalii Lane, off Uhuru Highway, 9th Floor, Rooni 902, to be received by 26th August, 2015.
The National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified Kenyans are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing Will lead to automatic disqualification.