Director, Technical Services (DTS)
STIC Grade 13
Ref. NACOSTI/DTS/STIC 13/2015 JULY
The National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation (NACOSTI) is a State Corporation established under the Science, Technology and Innovation Act of 2013.
The Commission is a Statutory Agency mandated to regulate and assure quality in the Science, Technology and Innovation sector and advise, promote and coordinate on all matters relating to Science, Technology, Innovation and Research issues necessary for proper co-ordination and economic developments of the Country.
To achieve this mandate the Commission advertised several positions in March 2015 for key vacant positions.
However, the Commission has found it necessary to re-advertise the above position. Those who had applied earlier are free to re-apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Director, Technical Services (DTS) will be the Head of the Technical Services Division and will be responsible to the Director General/CEO in carrying out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Managing research development, innovation and technology in the Country;
- Coordinating research collaboration and linkages
- Promoting and disseminating research results
- Coordinating science congresses and innovation exhibitions
- Designing targeted policy oriented studies
- Reviewing scientific articles to be disseminated locally and internationally
- Managing research authorization
- Liaising with international organizations and similar multi-sectored organizations for development of research, technology and innovation
- Facilitating technology transfer
- Earned PhD degree in any of the following areas of specialization (Scheduled Sciences): Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences; Physical, Industrial and Energy Sciences; Biological and Health Sciences; Infrastructure, Information and Communication Sciences; Humanities and Social Sciences; Earth and Space Sciences, as defined in the Science, Technology and Innovation (ST&I) Act (2013).
- In addition, the candidate must have eight (8) years of post-doctoral research experience and management or similar experience as head of technical division in a research institution, public or private institution.
- Scientific writing and publishing
- Proficiency in statistical analysis
- ICT proficiency
- Interpersonal communication
- Policy analysis
- Strategic planning
- Corporate governance
- Quality assurance and standardization
- Team player
How to Apply
Interested Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications enclosing copies of updated Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates.
Additionally, they should provide names of three (3) referees one of whom must be an immediate or past supervisor.
A copy of National Identity Card, details of Remuneration history and Current contact MUST be provided.Candidates shortlisted for interview for the two (2) posts of Directors (STIC 13) must further submit the following:
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
Clearance letter from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Clearance by the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC)
NB: – Candidates with Degrees from Universities outside Kenya must submit a Certificate of Equation and Recognition from the Commission for University Education (CUE).The successful Candidates for the positions of Directors – STIC Grade 13, will be engaged on a five (5) years Contract renewable for one further term of equivalent period.
Application MUST clearly indicate the Reference Number of the Vacancy and should be sent either by post to:
The Director General/CEO
National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation
P.0 Box 30623 – 00100
OR Hand delivered to Utalii House, Utalii Lane, off Uhuru Highway, 9th Floor, Rooni 902, to be received by 26th August, 2015.
The National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified Kenyans are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing Will lead to automatic disqualification.