Nairobi City County Assembly
County Assembly Service Board
The Nairobi City County Assembly wishes to recruit staff for the vacancies listed below in NCCASB scales 7 to 9.
Second Clerk Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the point of entry into the Cadre of Clerks of the Assembly.
At this grade, the officer will:-
• Undergo initial introduction to the operations of Commonwealth Parliaments and undertake inductions and a guided on-the-job-training for a minimum of two years.
• Be closely supervised and guided by the immediate senior Clerk, who exposes the officer to rudiments of parliamentary procedure, practice, convention, tradition and etiquette.
• Be assigned general duties to carry out responsibilities within the Legislative and Committee Services.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences from a university recognized in Kenya.
• Demonstrate flair for Commonwealth and Kenyan Legislative practice and procedure.
• Have knowledge and a clear understanding of parliamentary practice and procedure.
• Demonstrate interest and commitment to the aims, objectives and principles of a devolved legislature, and
• Have good command of spoken and written English and Swahili coupled with demonstrable report writing skills.
How to Apply
Persons interested in filling the positions should:-
1. Submit applications in own handwriting accompanied by three-page Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, and other relevant supporting documents.
2. Fill the applicant’s details form (CLICK HERE to download) which should accompany the application.
3. Clearly indicate the position applied for on the envelope and address it to:
The Clerk/ Secretary, County Assembly Service Board Nairobi City County Assembly P.O Box 45844-00100, Nairobi.
4. The application should be hand delivered to the Office of the Clerk, Nairobi
County Assembly located at Main City Hall, 2nd floor Room 273 so as to reach him not later 19th October, 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.