Nairobi City County Assembly
County Assembly Service Board
The Nairobi City County Assembly wishes to recruit staff for the vacancies listed below in NCCASB scales 7 to 9.Senior Information and Communication Technology Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Implement County Assembly’s’ ICT strategy and ensuring continuous improvement f ICT applications
• Implementation of the Assembly’s ICT policy
• Advising the Clerk on the progress /implementation of ICT projects in the County Assembly and making progress reports to his office.
• Coordinating systems analysis, design and programme specifications
• Supervising overall systems documentation;
• Ensuring timely implementation and effective maintenance of systems
• Designing and overseeing Installation and configuration of Local Area Network and Wide Area Network within County Assembly.
• Carrying out systems analysis, design and program specifications in liaison with users to ensure that information processing needs are met
• Overseeing the processes of configuration, repair and maintenance of information Communication Technology equipment and associated peripherals.
• Evaluating and recommending on the suitability of Information Communication Technology equipment.
• Verification, validation and certification of information technology equipment.
• Overseeing the overall coordination, monitoring and evaluation of ICT systems and operations in the County Assembly and ensuring that projects are completed within the set time and budget while adhering to procedures and standards.
• Reviewing and evaluating feasibility studies and reports for implementation.
Requirements and competencies for appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Science and Diploma in ICT from a recognized institution. A Masters degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
• Wide professional experience in information management systems and knowledge in Information Communication Technology policies.
• Have operational knowledge on information management systems.
• Have at least three (3) years relevant working experience in a relevant field.
• Demonstrated professional ability, initiative and competence in planning and organizing work
• A thorough understanding of the County Assembly structure and function in relation to ICT operations.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Satisfy the requirement of chapter six of the constitution 2010.
How to Apply
Persons interested in filling the positions should:-
1. Submit applications in own handwriting accompanied by three-page Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, and other relevant supporting documents.
2. Fill the applicant’s details form (CLICK HERE to download) which should accompany the application.
3. Clearly indicate the position applied for on the envelope and address it to:
The Clerk/ Secretary, County Assembly Service Board Nairobi City County Assembly P.O Box 45844-00100, Nairobi.
4. The application should be hand delivered to the Office of the Clerk, Nairobi
County Assembly located at Main City Hall, 2nd floor Room 273 so as to reach him not later 19th October, 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.