Nairobi City County Assembly
County Assembly Service Board
The Nairobi City County Assembly wishes to recruit staff for the vacancies listed below in NCCASB scales 7 to 9.
Information and Communication Technology Officer (Website Administrator)
Duties and responsibilities:-
• Carrying out analysis, design and programme specifications in liaison with users
• Developing, implementing and maintaining of systems.
• Track, compile, and analyze County Assembly’s web site usage data.
• Develop and document standards and guidelines for County Assembly’s web site content.
• Test new software packages for use in web operations and other applications.
• Develop and implement procedures for web site review.
• Set up and maintain monitoring tools on web servers and County web site.
• Test backup and recovery plans on regular basis and resolve any related problems.
• Recommend and implement web site improvements.
• Provide training and technical assistance in Assembly’s web site implementation and use.
• Implement web site security measures, such as firewalls and message encryption among others.
• Administer internet/intranet infrastructure, including components such as web, file transfer protocol (FTP), news and mail servers.
• Implementation and maintenance of web-based applications, websites and portals for County Assembly.
• Ensuring website consistency and conformity to laid out standards and guidelines.
• Ensuring that all current and future web-based applications are convenient and user friendly.
• Designing and developing of web and mobile online based applications.
• Ensuring that all information on websites is accurate and up to date.
• Assisting in the implementation of the computer systems.
• Writing and testing simple computer programs according to instructions and specifications.
Requirements for ICT officer
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Communication Technology /Information Technology/Computer Science.
• Experience in web/portal Programming.
• At least two (2) years’ work experience in the relevant field.
• Good supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Persons interested in filling the positions should:-
1. Submit applications in own handwriting accompanied by three-page Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, and other relevant supporting documents.
2. Fill the applicant’s details form (CLICK HERE to download) which should accompany the application.
3. Clearly indicate the position applied for on the envelope and address it to:
The Clerk/ Secretary, County Assembly Service Board Nairobi City County Assembly P.O Box 45844-00100, Nairobi.
4. The application should be hand delivered to the Office of the Clerk, Nairobi
County Assembly located at Main City Hall, 2nd floor Room 273 so as to reach him not later 19th October, 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.