ICT Tech Officer Employment At Nairobi County In Kenya
The Nairobi City County Public Service Board (NCPSB) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Information Communication Technology Officer III-Job Group H (3 Posts)
Application Deadline: Fri 29th Apr 2016
Salary Scale: Kshs 19,323.00 to Kshs 24,662.00
House Allowance: Kshs 6,750.00
Commuter Allowance: Kshs 4,000.00
Health Workers Extraneous Allowance: Kshs 15,000.00
ICT Tech Officer Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- To develop and maintain the hospital’s computer systems, support users and provide guidance on IT integration.
- ICT User support – Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions,
- Monitor the implementation of policies, procedures and standards and recommend necessary corrections;
- Install, configure and maintain personal computers, workstations, file servers, Ethernet networks, network cabling and other related equipment devices and systems.
- Maintenance and security investigate, recommend, install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network utilization, data integrity and confidentiality;
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment
- Document and review processes and procedures,
- Undertake back-up and recovery activities on software licenses
- Maintain a register of proprietary software and sites.
- Ensure that the proprietary software licenses are up-to-date at all times.
Qualifications For ICT Tech Officer Jobs In Kenya
For appointment to this position a candidate must have;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Mean Grade C (plain) with at least a C- (minus) in mathematics and English/Kiswahili or its approved equivalent.
- Diploma in ICT or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge of modern day IT administration software, configuration management software, network monitoring software, network security management software, transaction security and virus protection software.
- Must be, initiative, innovative, attentive to details,
- Ability to set up and administer a network including firewalls,
- Ability to install and support stand-a-lone PCs, networked printers and photocopiers,
- Ability to negotiate hardware/software service and technical support contracts with vendors,
- Demonstrate experience in: Software and hardware installation and maintenance LAN, internet and PC trouble shooting user training and support.
How to Apply
- Applications can ONLY be submitted ONLINE HERE on or before Friday 29th April 2016. Applicants should be Kenyan Citizens. Applicants should meet requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya and will be required to attach clearance certificates from EACC, KRA, HELB, CRB and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police Service Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Nairobi City County is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.