Resilience Officer Job at Nairobi County
Duties for the Resilience Officer Job
- Establish linkage between the Rockefeller Foundation and Stakeholders in the County;
- Develop innovative 100 resilient Cities initiative and promote Public Private Partnership in the implementation of financial and non-financial components of the resilience strategy;
- Lead, develop and implement the County’s Resilience Strategy and supporting programs to provide an effective and efficient response to County’s resilience challenges;
- Develop a holistic resilience strategy that will establish long term goals and strengthen collaboration and communication with National/Regional Government Agencies, Civil Society and Businesses
- Integrate the existing local plans towards development of the Resilient Strategy within the stipulated guidelines as proposed by 100 Resilient Cities.
- Preparation of detailed assessments, indicators and development of modules to monitor progress of the
- Resilience Strategy and give feedback to H. E. the Governor.
- Preparation of Reports, up-dates and way forward on resilience planning to stakeholders.
- Ensure that the Resilience Strategy is in line with relevant and identified stresses and shocks applicable to the city.
- Identify Change Management opportunities for the City and creation of new Policies to aid in cost reduction and eradication of inefficient practice.
- Maintain a Public Private Partnership Unit as established under Section 8 of the Pubic Private Partnership (PPP) Act, 2013 towards achievement of the Resilience Strategy.
- Guide the Executive on policy formulation in relation to Resilience Strategy in the following (Climate Change,
- Environmental Impact, Housing and Economic Development).
Resilience Officer Job Qualifications
- Have at least 10 years’ experience in management preferably in Public Service;
- Have Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Administration and Management, Urban Planning or Architecture, Project Planning and Management, or related field from a recognized institution;
- Have Masters degree in a relevant field from recognized institution;
- Have experience in International Relations and wide knowledge in Project Planning and Management;
- Have knowledge of systems with a County, preferably of the County of Nairobi; and
- Have experience in creating and maintaining large networks (Local, National and International) and proven negotiation skill.
NB:Knowledge in Planning, Engineering and Architecture will be an added advantage
How to Apply
The Nairobi City County Public Service Board (NCPSB) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Applications can ONLY be submitted ONLINE http://cpsb.nairobi.go.ke/index.php/register.php on or before the stipulated deadline.
Applicants should be Kenyan Citizens.
Applicants should meet requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya and will be required to have clearance certificates from EACC, KRA, HELB, CRB and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police Service
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicant must have no prior criminal conviction or pending criminal action.
Applicants must be physically and medically fit.
Nairobi City County is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: Thu 16th Mar 2017