Assistant Engineer Job at Nairobi Hospital
The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Roles for the Assistant Engineer Job
Reporting to the Head, Support Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Ensure compliance with The Nairobi Hospital Engineering and Maintenance policies, procedures, processes and standards
- Create and maintain a comprehensive database for all Hospital equipment and facilities
- Ensure all newly purchased or placed equipment are included in the maintenance database
- Jointly with the relevant functional engineer, review equipment manufacturer recommendation, equipment failure patterns and target performance, and set appropriate service intervals.
- Plan and schedule maintenance activities for Hospital equipment, plant machinery. Develop and implement a three year rolling maintenance plan for buildings and facilities
- Monitor and follow up implementation of the planned preventive maintenance activities and issue daily / weekly and monthly performance updates.
- Develop cost and time estimates of planned maintenance work.
- Continually improving planning, scheduling, purchasing, storing, data management and job reporting systems to increase planning effectiveness and efficiency.
- Collaborate with relevant functional engineers to schedule manpower and resources to deliver most optimal productivity and maintenance outcomes.
- Liaise with procurement, stores, nursing and other users as well as other engineering colleagues on pertinent issues to optimize maintenance performance.
Assistant Engineer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University
- 5 years’ experience in engineering and facility maintenance planning work
- Excellent knowledge of preventive maintenance scheduling and implementation
- Proven experience in planning, organizing and coordinating maintenance activities in a busy, fast changing environment.
- Computer literate and maintenance planning programs
- Experience with ERP application software
- Highly skilled person with an eye for details and quality
- Forward planning capability
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to: To be received not later than 7th July 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Ag. Head, Human Resources, The Nairobi Hospital, P.O. Box 30026, NAIROBI – 00100