Excellent Career Opportunity: Business Development & Commercial Director
The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) is a company licensed by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) to facilitate the trading of financial products through the provision of a trading platform for listed securities.
In line with this, the NSE is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, dynamic, self- motivated and results- oriented individuals to fill the following position:
Business Development & Commercial Director
Overall Purpose: Develop and implement a comprehensive internal and external marketing plan that increases revenues and profits from Cash Products, while upholding the Exchange’s mission and values.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to enhance existing cash products and develop new cash products and markets in a sustainable and profitable way;
- Drive revenue growth for new cash products;
- Develop key and strong business networks amongst key industry stakeholders that include the regulators, fund and asset managers, senior executives of both listed and unlisted companies, nominated and transaction advisers, and major advisory firms that include legal and audit firms and effectively build client trust with the ability to leverage existing relationships and contacts within the industry;
- Grow the supply side through identifying potential issuers, selling the benefits of listing at the exchange and implementing new strategic initiatives targeting business growth including, new acquisitions, establishment of new trading platforms and products and increased number of listed companies;
- Continually research in order to identify present and future infrastructure and market challenges and needs of the Exchange and develop strategies to meet these challenges and needs;
- Provide cross functional leadership of the administrative, technical and regulatory teams involved in key business and implementation of new cash products, listings and markets for the NSE;
- Co-ordinate the review, redesign and implementation of the data vending concept, including product segmentation, pricing, promotion and vendor sign;
- Direct the formulation, production, and distribution of all information on products;
- Explore, develop and maintain strategic linkages with funding agencies and maintain and improve strategic relationships with other Securities Exchanges;
- Implement strategic regional cross listing plans and programs aimed at integrating the East African Securities Exchanges;
- Oversee the smooth running of the Business Development and Commercial Department, including appropriate budget management, efficient processes and proper stakeholder and team management; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum qualifications and desired skills
- Bachelor’s degree in law, finance, Marketing, Economics or similar disciplines from a reputable university; a Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in a financial services sector preferably in a revenue division and a product/ business development role;
- Professional qualification such as CFA, CISI, CIM, CPA or equivalent; and
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Well-developed leadership and mentoring skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the rules and regulations governing the financial markets in Kenya and globally;
- Working knowledge of the mechanics of the Kenyan capital market;
- Strong sense and high definition of the customer;
- Ability to research, develop proposals, concept papers, position papers preparation of relevant reports and presentations;
- Positive, Self-driven, Passionate, Go-Getter, Extra mile achiever with good communication skills;
- Proven and consistent track record of delivering on key/critical targets within set timeframes; and
- Proficiency in computer application such as Microsoft word, Power Point, Internet and Outlook Express.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration, qualifications, experience, names & addresses of three referees and email & telephone contacts together with copies of your academic and professional certificates and testimonials to the address below by close of business on Friday, 9th June 2017.
The Chief Executive Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited The Exchange,
55 Westlands Road
P.O. Box 43633-00100 Nairobi
Email: [email protected]
Dropping Zone No. 243 Revlon Professional Plaza, 2nd Floor
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.