START DATE: 23rd January, 2017
LOCATION: Naivasha Sub-County
ELIGIBILITY: Open to Kenyan Citizens from Naivasha Sub-County only
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is a research organization that seeks to improve the understanding of how people living in poverty make decisions and to leverage that knowledge to produce better social outcomes.
It enables researchers to conduct rigorous laboratory-based studies in behavioural economics in a developing country and applying the outcomes of research to real-world problems.
Field Officer Job Responsibilities
- Prompt arrival at work.
- Administer surveys appropriately.
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner.
- Successfully working in a team.
- Organizing data collected from the field.
- On non-field days: conscientious performance of office work (such as matching IDs, translation of work, photocopying, etc.)
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection
- Maintaining high standard of professional integrity in all activities.
- Providing the supervisor with daily feedback regarding surveying activities
Qualifications for the Field Officer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Kiswahili and English
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (mandatory)
- Excellent communication, individual and group-based exercise facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to recognize when questions are difficult or unclear to subjects
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma in social sciences, economic, development studies and/or business administration
- Past experience in qualitative data collection and/or counselling- show proof of this in application
- Experience using computer assisted interviewing or ODK is a plus
- Have the following qualities: are diligent and organized, have a positive attitude, are active and respectful listeners and have strong interpersonal skills
Successful candidates will be hired for a duration of about 1 month.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] and ensure that the subject line reads: Naivasha REF NO: BU-2017-01-13
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY