The Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI) is a membership organization for African National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) registered as a legal entity under laws of the Republic of Kenya.
NANHRI’s mission is to support, through national, sub‐regional, regional and international cooperation, the establishment, strengthening and development of NHRIs in Africa in order to enable them to more effectively undertake their mandate of human rights monitoring, promotion, protection and advocacy.
Its vision is an Africa where every country has a well functioning NHRI established in accordance with the Paris Principles contributing meaningfully to a continent characterized by human rights culture and justice for all.
NANHRI encourages and supports the establishment of strong and independent NHRIs in compliance with the Paris Principles.
NANHRI is currently seeking to recruit a Programmes Officer to be based in its Secretariat office in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Network of African National Human Rights Institutions hereby invites applications from hardworking, resourceful, responsible and dedicated candidates to fill the above‐stated position.
Reports to: Programmes Manager
Location: Head Office with Occasional travels in the region
Duration: 12 months.
Main Purpose of the Job: To provide programme management support to NANHRI in the direct implementation, management and coordination of the assigned programme’s activities and to the overall support to the programme management needs of the network.
- Coordinating the implementation of the programme activities
- Ensuring programmes are effectively and efficiently implemented, including handling all the programme logistics.
- Supporting the programme manager in preparing concept notes and funding proposals.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key programme stakeholders and partners in close coordination with the Programmes Manager and other NANHRI Staff.
- Coordinating internal programme monitoring and evaluation
- Preparing periodic programme progress reports as and when necessary
- Coordinate regular communication with programme stakeholders and partners.
- Participating in internal and external programme planning processes as agreed by the line supervisor.
- Researching and documenting issues pertaining to the programme theme/s.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Attributes
- At least a Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences, Law, Development studies or other related field. A Masters Degree in the same field will be an added advantage.
- At least three years experience working as a programmes officer in the human rights and social justice sector.
- Good understanding of human rights particularly on emerging human rights issues
- Excellent research, report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills in various computer packages
- Excellent working knowledge of English; a good working knowledge of French will be an added advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Honesty, transparency and a high level of integrity.
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualities for the position, please send your application strictly by Email clearly indicating the position on the subject matter of the email together with a cover letter and detailed C.V, a daytime telephone contact, and names and contacts of three referees to reach us by Friday, 25th, September, 2015 to:
Recruitment, Network of African NHRIs Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 2nd Floor P. O. Box 74359‐00200 Nairobi.
Email: [email protected] with a copy to [email protected]