Vacancy: Agency Business Manager
Job Ref: HR-BM-08-2015
The Nation Media Group, is an independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in Print, Broadcast and Digital media.
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda, and seeks to consolidate this position by recruiting a Business Manager in Advertising Department.
The job holder will be based in Nairobi for the Agency section.
The Role: The Agency Business Manager will report to the Commercial Manager – Advertising.
He/She will be responsible for project planning, coordinating, motivating and leading teams of Business
Executives to generate and meet agreed team’s volumes against set annual revenue targets.
Key result areas will include:
- Planning, coordinating and leading a team of Business Executives who are expected to deliver agreed sales volumes and revenue;
- Leading teams in innovative advertising concepts for agency projects;
- Motivating the sales team to deliver departmental objectives;
- Growing market share and developing client service and relationships;
- Initiating new sales strategies and creative communication campaigns that will provide value to advertisers;
- Maintaining and fostering business relationships with all clients of the company and
- Initiating and executing annual multi – media partnerships that will yield revenues to the business.
Skills, knowledge and experience requirement:
- Basic University Degree;
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing;
- At least 3 years’ working experience in a sales and marketing environment;
- Proven track record of performance in agency business management;
- Leadership and people management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills;
- Ability to work under pressure for long and odd hours; and
- Creative and innovative.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and a detailed CV online to http://careers.nationmedia.com before 6th September 2015.
N/B: We shall only contact the shortlisted candidates.