Nation Media Group is seeking to recruit a Business Systems Supervisor – Publishing and Pre Press in IT Department.
Job Ref: HR-BSS-06-2017
We invite candidates who are result oriented, dynamic and self-driven with proven track record and attributes to excel in a highly competitive environment.
The Business Systems Supervisor will report to the IT Business Systems Manager.
- Coordinating defined systems administration functions across publishing and pre-press servers, Macs and PCs;
- Interpreting and implementing IT policies and strategies and advising management on technological trends in the industry;
- Coordinating technical support to users in a mixed Mac/PC desktop and server environment;
- Maintaining systems backup, security and contingency plans to ensure business continuity;
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure maximum systems availability;
- Periodic reviewing procedures, policies and workflows in relation to current technology and ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to;
- Ensuring that change management, system alterations and enhancements are controlled and in line with laid down ISO procedures and IT best practice;
- Coordinating staff training to maximize utilization of IT resources;
- Ensuring optimum security of all business systems at all times;
- Ensuring disaster recovery (DR) Business Systems are always available for use;
- Ensuring successful IT projects implementation;
- Leading a team of professionally skilled Publishing and Pre-press technicians and Administrators to provide technical support in the company;
Knowledge & Skills requirements
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years’ experience in supporting UNIX and Sybase or SQL databases
- SCSAS or SCSA Sun Solaris Unix Certification or equivalent Unix certification
- Business Objects Certified Professional—Crystal Reports (BOCP-CP) or equivalent training
- Sybase ASE Administrator Professional or MCDBA Certification
- Knowledge of publishing and prepress systems/workflows an added advantage.
- Strong Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good organizational & coordination ability
- Good supervisory and people management skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com before 16th June, 2017.