Vacancy: Multimedia Journalist
Job Ref: HR-MMJ-05-2016
Nation Media Group is an independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media.
We attract and serve unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda, and seek to consolidate this position by recruiting a Multimedia Journalist for our Africa Division Department.
The Role: The Multimedia Journalist will be responsible for generating original news and features, rewrite and reformat agency and correspondents’ content in line with NMG Editorial Policies and
Key result areas will include:
- Develop / generate multimedia content;
- Monitor and maintain the Africa Review website and social media platforms to ensure they are regularly updated;
- Convert analogue content into multimedia (videos, podcasts, interactive graphics) in consultation with other NMG platforms and external partners if required;
- Support correspondents in generating multimedia content.
Skills, knowledge and experience requirement:
- University degree in Journalism;
- At least 3 years’ working experience as a sub-editor or senior writer;
- Possess multimedia skills working with websites and video editing;
- Leadership and people management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure for long and odd hours with little or no supervision.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and a detailed CV online to: http://careers.nationmedia.com on or before 22nd May, 2016.
N/B: We shall only contact the shortlisted candidates.