Nation Media Group is seeking to recruit a writer for The EastAfrican Newspaper to work on a new project that aims at accelerating the East Africa Community Common Market Reforms through higher awareness, transparency and accountability.
The writer must have the knowledge and understanding of regional issues.
Job Ref: HR-WR-05-2017
Position Summary: Reporting to the Managing Editor, the writer will develop articles and info-graphics on the implementation of the EAC Common Market Protocol to be published in the weekly Integration Tracker and a monthly pull-out, Our Common Market.
- Research and document key developments affecting movement of goods, services and capital in the region for the weekly Integration Tracker;
- Interact with key stakeholders, including trade experts, business people and policy makers to capture their views on implementation of the Common Market Protocol;
- Attend and monitor outcomes of high level meetings of the EAC, including those of Council of Ministers and Heads of State Summits;
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders and experts on key issues affecting integration;
- Write articles on the Common Market Protocol.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Degree in Business-related field;
- Degree in journalism/communication;
- Demonstrated understanding of EAC affairs, particularly the Common Market Protocol;
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a business writer.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com before 1st June, 2017.