Nation Media Group is an independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media. It attracts and serves unparalleled audiencesin Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda, and seeks to consolidate this position by recruiting the following Digital Journalists to join our Editorial Department.
Online Sub Editor Job Responsibilities in Kenya
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Updating the website and mobile platforms on a 24-hour cycle to meet targets forassigned sub-sections/channels;
- Checking and correcting editorial copy for facts, accuracy, taste, house-style,language use, clarity and balance to conform to the Group’s Editorial Policy, online style and search engine optimization;
- Providing content for designated Nation Mobile channels to meet the set targets;
- Generating creative multimedia content in keeping with changing news realities and convergence requirements;
- Ensuring associated convergence elements are clearly sign-posted in print stories/pages;
- Ensuring strict adherence to the house-style for production of web stories; and
- Adhering to Social Media Policy as updated from time to time.
Required Skills for Online Sub Editor Jobs in Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- 3 to 4 years working experience preferably as a Sub – Editor;
- Multimedia editing skills; and
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and cope with the pressure and tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Click here to apply