National Bank of Kenya is one of the leading banks with a vision of becoming the Bank of choice in the provision of financial services within the region.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, self-driven, result oriented individual to fill the position of Head of ICT Projects.
This being ci senior management position, the successful candidate will be responsible for significant Institute-wide projects, typically strategic or transformative with sizeable staff involvement.
The role is focused on meeting project commitments, communicating with sponsors, stakeholders etc, leading the design, testing, planning, and implementation of ICT Applications and systems that typically affect many users.
• Lead the development and delivery of a broad, coordinated set of project plans and programs to meet the goals and strategic priorities of the Bank.
• Lead all ICT project teams and project working committees and be accountable to the respective sponsors and accountable executives of the projects, senior management and the Board of the Bank.
• Cultivate contacts with vendor or developers to obtain information about future vendor developments in the functional area and influence those developments in ways favorable to the organization.
• Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirement, interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery.
• Represent clients’ needs as appropriate to senior management and work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
• Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
• Manage all ICT project deliverables within the cost budgets and project timelines.
• Develop methods to monitor projects progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary.
• Continuously improve project management toolkits and methodologies used within ICT.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, or related fields.
• 5 or more years of experience in the areas of project management.
• Certification in the related field is advantageous, preferably PRINCE2, PMP or other related Project Management Certifications.
• Strong & tested project management skills, including sponsor relations & risk management.
• Demonstrated experience in delivering large, complex ICT projects that span multiple fiscal years with multi-million budgets.
• Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
• Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, team management & communication skills.
• Ability to handle pressure, conflicting priorities and manage constant changes.
The position attracts competitive salary compensation, eligibility to the banks bonus schemes, staff loans and other staff benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications to the e-mail address below, detailing how they meet the requirements and enclosing detailed CV, day time telephone contacts and addresses of three professionally referees to reach the undersigned by 16th October 2015.
Only short listed candidates to be contacted.
National Bank is an equal opportunity employer
The Director Human Resources National Bank of Kenya Ltd P O Box 72866 – 00200