Investment Analyst Job at National Bank
(Job Ref No.HR/047/17)
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating model portfolios, providing financial advice and support to the Portfolio Management team and the Investment Committee.
Investment Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Conduct macroeconomic, industry and company research and analysis as well as identify new asset allocation and securities.
- Develop company valuations and financial models to be used in decision making by the portfolio management team.
- Identify attractive investment opportunities for the Bank In order to diversify the portfolio.
- Develop transaction marketing materials including selling memoranda, road show presentations and pitch books with the aim of capturing the intended market i.e. pension schemes and high network clients.
- Act as a point of contact throughout the transaction process to ensure effective and smooth operations.
- Develop varied industry and transaction expertise, and stay current on industry trends and developments
- Understand the underlying trends that affect the equity and fixed income capital markets e.g. inflation, relevant legislations, profitability of companies etc.
- Obtain a clear and wide understanding of the interests and investment criteria of private equity firms, and the factors that guide their decisions
Requirements for the Investment Analyst Job
- Bachelor of Commerce -Finance Option/ Degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, or any other Finance related course
- Msc in Finance and Experience in Pension fund management industry will be an added advantage
- At least one (1) year experience in a busy Investment Management firm
- Proficient in computer applications, especially Excel
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)level 2 qualification
- Institute of Chartered Investment Financial Analysts (ICIFA ) practising member
- Registered with Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment (CISI)
- Financial Modelling certificate with demonstrated experience in creating Financial Models
- Excellent research skills
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Good writing, communication & interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to [email protected] by 6Th September 2017.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.