National Bank of Kenya
Position Title: Head of Trade Finance and Transaction Banking
Job Ref No. HR/37/2017
Available Positions: one (1)
Unit: Corporate Banking Division
Reporting to: Director Corporate Banking
Position Scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the structuring of Trade Finance solutions and Transaction banking products as well as their service delivery to new and existing clients in an integrated manner that meets/exceeds sales goals and targets.
- Develop a Trade Customer Target Market list and carry out customer trade wallet sizing exercise to better understand the flows, players, volumes, and trade corridors
- Actively initiate & support new product development, roll-out and implementation, and close
- Trade deals against customer opportunities sourced either jointly or directly
- Ensure a Trade & Transaction Banking deal pipeline is in place and manage end to end deal conversions, working closely with Business Development teams to ensure revenue momentum is sustained
- Champion risk approvals for Trade deals, and provide risk management and structured solutions to the Trade portfolio to mitigate risk
- Provide relationship Managers & customers with continuous Trade product knowledge through training, workshops and forums to maximize trade opportunity identification/solutions
- Proactively manage new and existing Trade clients ensuring maximum product and service uptake and utilization thus boosting customer wallet share and revenues.
- Undertake market situation analysis to identify new business opportunities in co-ordination with product management.
- Ensure that the processes, structures and systems required to effectively service existing clients and develop new clients are in place and continuously reviewed using SLA’s
- Develop a client development and retention plan for every existing client, using the banks tool to optimize cross-selling and deep selling opportunities with the client
- Continually drive and ensure consistent and superior client oriented culture and high quality service delivery to trade customers.
- Respond promptly to customer issues/requests and provide advice as may be required.
- Ensure completion of customer electronic channels and other Bank projects, while meeting key milestones within agreed timelines.
- Provide sales support to relationship managers so as to secure the business of potential customers by working closely to propose and refine customer solutions.
- Identify opportunities to develop and enhance channels functionality based on customer feedback with the aim of adding value to customers.
- Track MIS on cash management products and manage utilization against Account plans/ client targets to ensure maximum benefit is obtained from using Cash Management Products.
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing team.
Skills & Experience:
- University graduate in a business related field.
- An MBA or business related post graduate or
- Professional qualifications in Trade and Transaction Banking will be added advantage
- At least eight (8) years Banking experience, five (5) of which must be in a senior management role in Trade Finance operations, Sales, Transaction Banking including Cash Management, Corporate Client Relationships and Business Development.
- Sound Trade & Transaction Banking Products knowledge with ability to package simple and complex trade transactions
- Ability to interact and negotiate with customers at a senior level
- Good understanding of Bank Operations, Treasury markets and general financial industry market trends
- A working knowledge of the Bank’s policies, standards, regulations and legislations of the prevention of money laundering.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
How to Apply
Send your CV and application letter clearly indicating the position title on the subject line to: [email protected] by 14 th July 2017.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.