REF- HR 02/2402/2017
At National Bank of Kenya, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around Courage, Honesty, Innovation and Collaboration.
When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to learning and development opportunities and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Reporting to the Managing Director & CEO, the role holder will be responsible for overseeing the development, monitoring and execution of the Bank’s strategic initiatives, facilitating leading-edge research, lead and drive an innovation culture in the Bank.
Research & Innovations Head Job Responsibilities
- Work directly and closely with the MD & CEO, Divisional Directors, distribution and channel leaders, other senior strategy executives to lead
- Bank strategy development in a matrix environment and responsible for integrating Bank strategy with other key Divisional strategies
- Drive the execution of strategies that grow revenue through acquisitions and partnerships. Work with partners and stakeholders to incubate
new ideas for strategic investments
- Conduct periodic reviews of results against plans to ensure the business is making progress against its long term objectives.
- Develop and secure approval for Bank strategic assessments and plans including market/environmental scans, voice of the customer analyses,
competitive assessments, market sizing, and other studies to ensure the Bank’s strategy is fact based and reflects the latest changes in the
- Design, develop and manage the research agenda of the Bank on key priorities identified
- Provide market research, analyses and insights into latest industry trends and new innovations that will inform the business strategies.
- Lead and drive a culture of innovation, actively seeking ways to enhance the capability and performance efficiency, efficacy and success of
- Define and prioritize key innovation projects across themes and Divisions based on a carefully drawn selection criteria.
- Collect, collate and turn various staff/customers/other stakeholders ideas into business solutions, innovative products and service and
enhance operational efficiency.
- Work with Business Heads to develop and implement both conventional and non-conventional financial products and services.
Requirements for the Research & Innovations Head Job
- University Degree in Economics, Finance, Banking, Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Certification in Project Management.
- Certification in Research.
- Certification in Change Management.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in Finance, Strategy, Research and Innovations environment, five (5) of which must be in a Senior Management position.
- In-depth knowledge of strategy processes, tools, and frameworks; ability to ideate, develop hypotheses, prove or disprove hypotheses through structured analysis and recommend a path.
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership capacity and ability to operate at Senior Management Level
- Integrity and courage to challenge the actions within various business Divisions and the status quo.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV addressed to the Director Human Resources, stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to [email protected].
For more details on the roles, please visit the Bank’s website www.nationalbank.co.ke/careers. To be considered, your application must be received by
Friday, 10th March, 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.