National Biosafety Authority Principal Communication Officer Job in Kenya | New Kenyan Jobs :: A Collection of Jobs in Kenya
The National Biosafety Authority is a State Corporation established through the provisions of the Biosafety Act No.2, 2009 to exercise supervision and control over the development, transfer, handling and use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) with a view to ensuring safety to human and animal health as well as the provision of adequate level of protection to the environment.
The Authority is seeking to recruit talented, creative, competent and dynamic team player with proven track records to the following vacant position:
Principal Communication Officer
Salary Scale NB 4
Reporting to the Corporation Secretary, the Principal Communication Officer will be responsible for all the corporate communication, public and media relations functions within the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate public participation and engagement with regard to Biosafety Act, Regulations and policies.
- Develop strategies aimed at creating Biosafety awareness and demystifying transgenic products.
- Maintain data and documentation arising from media monitoring and follow up on NBA media coverage and mentions
- Support in developing and implementing effective internal and external media relations strategies
- Support in the implementation of the Authority’s communication approach with the media and other electronic and digital communication platforms;
- Participate in the facilitation of media visits to NBA functions and other operational facilities/areas
- Maintain and update the Authority’s media library, website and social media platforms.
- Produce suitable communication materials for media house use, NBA e-communication and digital sites, stakeholder’s events, newspapers and magazines supplements and annual publications.
- Formulate, implement and advise the Management on communication policies
- Conduct research and routing stakeholder surveys and coordinate CSR activities
- Organize and coordinate conferences, workshops, seminars, exhibitions and shows
- Write speeches and public reports.
- Ensure quality customer services is delivered and facilitate speedy resolution of public complaints
Requirements for appointment
An officer will qualify for appointment into this position by fulfilling the following requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Communication/Public Relations/Journalism/Mass Communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication/Public Relations/Journalism/Mass Communication
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)
- At least 6 years’ experience with at least 3 years in managerial position.
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- Leadership, negotiation and people management skills
- Clearance from KRA , EACC,CRB,CID, and HELB
NB: All applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- An application letter
- A detailed CV with three referees
- Clearance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications together with detailed CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the following address: Chief Executive Officer P.O. Box 28251-00100, Nairobi Email: [email protected] Or our office in Gigiri Commission for University Education Complex Along Redhill Road, off Limuru Road The application should reach us on or before 29th June 2016. National Biosafety Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability, women and those from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.