The National Biosafety Authority is a State Corporation established through the provisions of the Biosafety Act No.2, 2009 to exercise supervision and control over the development, transfer, handling and use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) with a view to ensuring safety to human and animal health as well as the provision of adequate level of protection to the environment.
The Authority is seeking to recruit talented, creative, competent and dynamic team player with proven track records to the following vacant position:
Principal Internal Auditor
Salary Scale NB4
Reporting to the Board of Directors he/she will ensure compliance of the Authority’s operations to internal control systems, procedures and policies with a view to securing proper utilization of the Authority’s assets and other resources.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide guidance to activities of Board’s Audit Committee functions
- Performing risk assessments on key business activities.
- Ensuring staff compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Supporting and encourage staff to embrace the audit process as a key function of the Authority’s operations.
- Assisting the Authority in maintaining effective controls by evaluating their effectiveness and efficiency and by promoting continuous improvement.
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control.
- Ascertaining the extent to which operating and audit program goals and objectives have been established and conform to those of the Authority.
- Compiling and summarizing the audit reports from the audit staff.
- Coordinating, leading and conducting post-implementation reviews after Internal Audit findings.
Requirements for appointment
An officer will qualify for appointment into this position by fulfilling the following requirements:
- Be a holder of a Masters Degree in Commerce Degree (Accounting / Finance option) or Master of Science in Auditing.
- Should have professional qualifications including CIA,CISA, ACCA, CPA or CFE
- Have served in the grade comparable and relevant position for a minimum period of six (6) years, with three (3) years in managerial position.
- Leadership, negotiation and people management skills
- Proficiency in Computer application.
- Clearance from KRA , EACC,CRB,CID, and HELB
NB: All applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- An application letter
- A detailed CV with three referees
- Clearance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications together with detailed CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the following address:
Chief Executive Officer P.O. Box 28251-00100,
Email: [email protected]
Or our office in Gigiri Commission for University Education Complex Along Redhill Road, off Limuru Road
The application should reach us on or before 29th June 2016.
National Biosafety Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with Disability, women and those from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.