The National Biosafety Authority is a State Corporation established through the provisions of the Biosafety Act No.2, 2009 to exercise supervision and control over the development, transfer, handling and use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) with a view to ensuring safety to human and animal health as well as the provision of adequate level of protection to the environment.
The Authority is seeking to recruit talented, creative, competent and dynamic team player with proven track records to the following vacant position:
Salary Scale NB 8
Reporting to the Divisional Heads, he/she will be providing secretarial services within the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information both internally and with other organizations.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
- Attending visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Operating office equipment
- Handling telephone calls and appointments
- Coordinate conferences and meetings.
- Ensuring security of office records, documents and equipment, including classified materials
- Undertaking secretarial duties that may be assigned
Requirements for Appointment
An officer will qualify for appointment into this position by fulfilling the following requirements:
- A Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examination Council or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Served in a relevant position in public Service/Private Sector for a period of four (4) years.
- Proficiency in Computer Applications
- Clearance from KRA , EACC,CRB,CID, and HELB
NB: All applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- An application letter
- A detailed CV with three referees
- Clearance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications together with detailed CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the following address:
Chief Executive Officer P.O. Box 28251-00100,
Email: [email protected]
Or our office in Gigiri Commission for University Education Complex Along Redhill Road, off Limuru Road
The application should reach us on or before 29th June 2016.
National Biosafety Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with Disability, women and those from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.