The National Biosafety Authority is a State Corporation established through the provisions of the Biosafety Act No.2, 2009 to exercise supervision and control over the development, transfer, handling and use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) with a view to ensuring safety to human and animal health as well as the provision of adequate level of protection to the environment.
The Authority is seeking to recruit talented, creative, competent and dynamic team player with proven track records to the following vacant position:
Supply Chain Management Officer II
Salary Scale NB 7
Reporting to the Senior Supply Chain Management Officer, the job holder will ensure effective supplier relationship management; managing and ensuring timely delivery of purchases; monitoring expenditure and ensuring value for money.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Making requisition, reporting shortages and losses
- Generate procurement reports.
- Receiving of goods and taking them on charge after acceptance from the Inspection and acceptance Committee
- Preparation of Local Purchase Order.
- Providing accommodation for stores.
- Receiving and issuing of goods
- Preparing responses to decisions of evaluation committees.
- Maintaining procurement/stores records.
- Conducting annual and periodic stock taking.
- Undertaking reconciliation of records.
- Taking charge on receipts.
- Undertaking market surveys and research to support procurement decisions.
- Compiling documents and forward to accounts department for payments.
- Issuing and rationing of stores.
- Compiling stores items/assets records for Disposal Committee.
Requirements for Appointment
An officer will qualify for appointment into this position by fulfilling the following requirements;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas: Procurement and Logistics, Business Management and Social Sciences or their equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Professional membership KISM
- Two (2) years of relevant experience
- CIPS(2) will be an added advantage
- Clearance from KRA , EACC,CRB,CID, and HELB
NB: All applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
- An application letter
- A detailed CV with three referees
- Clearance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications together with detailed CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the following address:
Chief Executive Officer P.O. Box 28251-00100,
Email: [email protected]
Or our office in Gigiri Commission for University Education Complex Along Redhill Road, off Limuru Road
The application should reach us on or before 29th June 2016.
National Biosafety Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with Disability, women and those from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.