NLC GRADE 7 TWO (2) POST
This position is responsible for preparation of payments and initiating payment process at the Commission. Also responsible for reconciliation and record keeping.
Gross Salary Scale for The position of Accountant (Min Kshs. 65,000 – Max Kshs. 95,000)
Duties for the Accountant Job
- Examine, invoice, input payment and imprest into IMFIS
- Carryout sub ledgers reconciliation and advise how much funds are available;
- Account for donor, programs and project funds;
- Prepare accounting documents and review request for funds and ensure they are inline with procedures;
- Confirm that vouchers that are surrendered are in line with the initial authority;
- Prepare and request exchequer from Treasury;
- Keep custody of vouchers, authority memo’s and other accountable documents;
- Fast tracking of payments processes
- Advise clients and staff on the status of their payments;
- Reconcile bank accounts of the Commission, client accounts and imprest accounts;
- Assist in compiling of financial statements
- Manage imprest or advance payments
- Ensure that payments are made and imprest accounted for as per the finance policy and regulations
Collect revenues and AIA
- Compute and issue withholding tax certificates to both suppliers and staff
- Process disbursements for statutory and other deductions and file relevant returns within the legal and laid datelines
Accountant Job Requirements
For Appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance), Economics or Business Management, Administration from a recognized University.
- Part II of the Certified Public Accountant Kenya (CPAK II)
- Three (3) years of service, or similar experience in a comparable position from a reputable organization.
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of IPSAS Cash in financial reporting for a minimum of one (1) years
- Practical Knowledge and application of Public Finance Management Act 2012 and Public Finance Management Regulations 2015
- Knowledge of Code of Ethics & Regulations
How to Apply
Candidates should attach all documents to the application form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
National Land Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution -Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and Persons Living With Disabilities. Therefore, People with Disabilities, the Marginalized and the Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, Academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to present clearance certificates from the following institutions:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission -EACC
Kenya Revenue Authority -KRA
Credit Reference Bureau -CRB
Higher Education Loan Board -HELB
Directorate of Criminal Investigations – CID
All Applications should be submitted both online through the recruitment portal in our website i.e www.landcommission.go.ke and hard copies to:
The Secretary/CEO National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road, Ardhi House 12th Floor, Room 1205 P.O Box 44417-00100 Nairobi.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission on/or before 17th July, 2017 by 5.00pm