(NLC GRADE 7) – SIX (6) POSTS
Gross Salary Scale for The position of Legal Officers (Min Kshs. 65,000 – Max Kshs.95,000)
An officer at this position is responsible for rendering legal services in preparation of legal opinions, studies, reports and correspondence as well as ensuring the provision of effective legal advice on a diverse range of substantive and procedural issues.
Roles for the Legal Officers Job
Under the supervision of the senior legal officer, the officer will be performing the following duties;
- Ensure the timely filing of Court document.
- Attend court in various cases in which the Commission is party to.
- Draft legal documents pertaining to different matters.
- Write reports on various assignments.
- Advise walk in clients on various land matters.
- Conduct research on various substantive and procedural issues.
- Attend the Commission’s meetings and rendering legal advice.
- Carry out review of grants and dispositions of public land to establish their legality or propriety.
- Attend court on behalf of the Commission to tender evidence or adduce documents.
Legal Officers Job Requirements
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized institution.
- Post-graduate Diploma in Law
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Must have served as a Legal Officer in the public or private sector for at least three (3) years
- Proficiency in computer applications
How to Apply
Candidates should attach all documents to the application form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
National Land Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution -Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and Persons Living With Disabilities. Therefore, People with Disabilities, the Marginalized and the Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, Academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to present clearance certificates from the following institutions:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission -EACC
Kenya Revenue Authority -KRA
Credit Reference Bureau -CRB
Higher Education Loan Board -HELB
Directorate of Criminal Investigations – CID
All Applications should be submitted both online through the recruitment portal in our website i.e www.landcommission.go.ke and hard copies to:
The Secretary/CEO National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road, Ardhi House 12th Floor, Room 1205 P.O Box 44417-00100 Nairobi.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission on/or before 17th July, 2017 by 5.00pm