(NLC GRADE 7) TWO (2) POSTS
An officer at level position is responsible for provision of support in the implementation of the Constitutional mandate as assigned in Article 67 (2, 3) to meet project goals, research methods, variables and other test parameters in line with the departmental strategy.
Gross Salary Scale for The position of Research Officer (Min Kshs. 65,000 – Max Kshs. 90,000)
Duties for the Research Officers Job
The successful candidate will be responsible to perform the following functions:
- Conduct literature reviews and analysis of data to suggest conclusion and support decision making by the management
- Plan and collate data for knowledge creation and management in the preparation and support of the workshops and training forums on land related issue.
- Draft reports for presentation to the Senior Officer for further review.
- Assist in the implementation and evaluation of research projects to determine the value and the impact of the programs on land policy.
- Conduct stakeholder/key expert interviews as part on the research process of collection data that will be used in the policy formulation.
- Prepare, assess and disseminate research results to ensure accurate interpretation that will facilitate decision-making by the management.
- Provide administrative support to senior staff in managing research projects to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Prepare project completion reports to determine the sustainability of the various programs and evaluation of the deliverables.
Research Officers Job Requirements
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Land Administration, Environmental Sciences, Land Economics, Statistics relevant to land, Political Science, Geography, Urban Studies, Information Sciences, Sociology, Education, Anthropology, Policy Studies, Sustainable Development or disciplines in the Humanities and Social Sciences field of study related to the land from a recognized Institution. The academic and/or professional qualifications must be relevant to researching land matters.
- Research and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to formulate research plan, collect and analyse useful data and information; knowledge of research tools, project management, knowledge management, research methodology and communication of research matters is mandatory.
- Knowledge of professional standards and relevant legislation related to the land sector is highly desirable
How to Apply
Candidates should attach all documents to the application form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
National Land Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution -Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and Persons Living With Disabilities. Therefore, People with Disabilities, the Marginalized and the Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, Academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to present clearance certificates from the following institutions:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission -EACC
Kenya Revenue Authority -KRA
Credit Reference Bureau -CRB
Higher Education Loan Board -HELB
Directorate of Criminal Investigations – CID
All Applications should be submitted both online through the recruitment portal in our website i.e www.landcommission.go.ke and hard copies to:
The Secretary/CEO National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road, Ardhi House 12th Floor, Room 1205 P.O Box 44417-00100 Nairobi.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission on/or before 17th July, 2017 by 5.00pm