The National Land Commission: Pursuant to Article 252 1(C) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and National Land Commission Act of 2012, the Commission invites applications from suitable candidates for the following positions:
Valuation & Taxation Directorate
Senior Valuation and Taxation Officer
NLC Grade (6)
Four (4) Posts
An officer at this position is responsible for provision of valuation services, valuation records management and assist the valuation technician to prepare and monitor individual work plans.
Gross Salary Scale for The position of Senior Valuation and Taxation Officer (Min Kshs. 90,000 – Max Kshs. 130,000)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the valuation Technician to prepare work plans in line with the directorate overall work plan, to ensure delivery of service by the officer in line with timelines and quality standards
- Implement Constitutional and Statutory provisions on valuation and taxation of land at National and County governments levels, to ensure minimal exposure to risks associated with non-compliance
- Maintain a databank of property values and ensure the databank is updated ,maintained, and security of the records enhanced at the area of posting
- Value ground rents and stand premium payable for new land allocations and lease renewals, to ensure the correct amount is paid to the state by the public
- Value stamp duty payable on land transactions to ensure both the state and the public are protected from erroneous stamp duty figures
- Undertake Valuations for compulsory acquisitions and easement, to ensure the decisions made on the processes are well informed
- Undertake valuations for taxation , to ensure the taxation process is guided by accurate information that support the commissions attainment of strategic objectives
- Prepare monthly reports on work undertaken to determine alignment of individual activities with the directorate work plan , and to ensure adherence to quality standards
- Direct enquiries from the public on land valuation and taxation matters to the appropriate offices ,to support the delivery of timely and quality services to the public in line with the commission customer service standard
- Monitor the performance of the Valuation Technician, and support the develop of the technician, to enhance performance
Academic and Professional Qualifications
For Appointment to this grade, a candidate must poses:
- Relevant Bachelors’ degree from a recognized institution
- Associate or technical member of institute of Surveyors of Kenya
- Three years’ experience in general valuation
Attributes / Skills
Should possess the following skills:
- Good communication both verbal and written skills,
- Should possess problem solving skills
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well with team
- Interpersonal skills
- Meet the requirement of chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
If you possess or meet the above qualifications,
- Send your application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and their full contacts (name, post office box number, email address, and telephone/mobile phone contact;
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials;
iii. Certificate of good conduct, clearance from HELB, EACC, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and KRA Tax Compliance Certificate.
All applications should include job reference numbers (on the envelop and Application letter), a reliable email address and day-time telephone contact.
Please Note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer; women, people from marginalized areas and Person living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission by close of business on 2nd March, 2017.
The Secretary/CEO National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road, Ardhi House 12th Floor, Room 1205 P.O Box 44417-00100 Nairobi