The National Museums of Kenya (NMK) is a multi-disciplinary state corporation whose core mandate is identification, preservation, conservation and development of Kenya’s rich and diverse heritage.
We are seeking to recruit an exceptional person to fill the position below.Legal Officer II
Ref: NMK/HR/LO 07/14
Key Position Function: Assisting the Legal Officer in providing legal advice to the Board and management of matters pertaining to the institution’s staff, property, activities, rights and obligations.Duties and Responsibilities
The Legal Officer shall be responsible to the Legal Officer on all legal matters, including:
Rendering legal advice to National Museums of Kenya on legal aspects of transactions, statutory compliance requirements and on legal rights and obligations.
- Managing and coordinating the NMK court cases.
- Advising and dealing with NMK land, conveyancing and pension matters.
- Assisting in drafting, vetting and reviewing of contracts, MoUs and other legal instruments between NMK and other parties; drafting gazette notices in liaison with the parent ministry and Attorney General’s Chambers.
- Assisting with Board secretariat duties
Requirements for Appointment
- Be in possession of a Bachelors of Law Degree
- Be admitted as an Advocate of the High Court with a current practicing certificate
- Have a minimum of three years continuous work experience in a busy legal firm, company or corporation one of which must be post bar experience.
- Demonstrate ability to undertake legal research to find authoritative and relevant legal information on diverse areas of law
- Analytical and judgmental skills sufficient to anticipate regulatory and legal risks
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to work with integrity, confidentiality and work with minimum supervision.
Terms: Initial appointment will be on a three-year contract, which will be renewable based on output and mutual agreement.
Work Station: Headquarters Nairobi.
Salary Grade: NM5
Salary Scales: KES. 63,782 – 91,722 per month.
House Allowance: KES. 24,000 per month.
How to Apply
All applications should include copies of the following documents: A cover letter, detailed resume, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials, other relevant supporting documents and names and addresses of three (3) referees (including their telephone contacts and emails).
In addition; Ethics and Anticorruption Commission clearance certificate, Tax Compliance Certificate, Certificate of Good Conduct and HELB clearance certificate must be provided.
Electronic applications shall be in PDF format, and be sent to: [email protected]
All applications should reach us not later than 25th August, 2015.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.NB: Those candidates who had earlier applied for the position need not to re-apply.