National Sports Fund is a State Corporation established by Sports Act No. 25 of 2013 part III section 12 under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and The Arts. The Fund is mandated to raise funds through sports lottery, investments and any other means and disburse the funds for the development of sports and recreation. The Fund now invites applications from suitable individuals to fill the following vacant positions:
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT, NSF GRADE 6
Vacancy No. NSF/14/2016 Number of Posts: One (1)
Accountant Job Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- examining payment vouchers;
- preparing financial Management reports;
- ensuring compliance with financial processes, procedures and regulations;
- ensuring projects overheads remittances are done;
- undertaking daily banking;
- carrying out data analysis to support preparation of accounting reports;
- analyzing below line accounts;
balancing cashbooks on daily basis and providing cash liquidity analysis;
- preparing bank reconciliations and maintaining general ledger accounts;
- maintaining customers and suppliers records for the purpose of payment;
- managing petty cash;
- imaintaining funds and cash records;
- writing cheques and posting payments and receipt vouchers in the cashbooks; and
- preparing withholding and Value Added Tax returns.
Qualifications For Accountant Job
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
- have served in the grade of Accountant for a minimum period of three (3years;
- have Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting option); Commerce (Finance option); Business Administration (Accounting optionor equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- have a Pass in Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPAExamination or Part III of the Association of
- Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCAor equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- be proficient in accounting packages;
- have Certificate in Computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- have shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
- Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya. They must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher education loans board
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission.
- Criminal Investigation Department (certificate of good conduct)
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Those fulfilling the requirements of the position should submit their applications quoting reference number of the vacancy on the envelope together with a detained c.v and all relevant testimonials stating your current position, current remuneration, expected salary, email address, telephone contacts. Applicants are also expected to provide postal address, telephone and email contacts of three references latest on 7th October, 2016. All applications should be addressed to:
- The Chairman, National Sports Fund, P.O Box 4644 – 00200, NAIROBI
- Applications should be delivered By Hand To The Fund’s Office During work hours.