NCCK Assistant Internal Auditor Job
NCCK, an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Main Purpose Of The Job
The position is responsible for Assisting in internal audit processes, assurance, quality internal controls and standardization of systems, and activities at NCCK; ensuring adherence to policy prudent reporting requirements, cost management and internal controls which aims at contribution to the proper, economic and effective use of resources.
Assistant Internal Auditor Job Responsibilities
- Conduct risk assessment of NCCK departments/Investments or functional area in established/required timeline.
- Ensure that the Council maintains adequate systems of internal controls and risk management.
- Establish risk-based audit programs for Council operations
- Review the existence and suitability of internal control systems design and identify gaps
- Conduct audit testing of specified area and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures in the entire NCCK operation.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and audit requirements.
- Ensure that the Council maintains adequate insurance policies.
- Ensure that the Council maintains adequate safety and health procedures for its operations, processes, offices and properties.
- Ensure safekeeping of all Council’s security documents.
Monitoring and Reviewing of Council operations
- Coordinate coverage with the external auditors and ensure that each party is aware and brief on areas of concern as relates to audit work.
- Review systems and recommended appropriate controls and procedures on areas that need improvement.
- Make recommendations, where necessary, to revise other policy documents/manuals in the Council in order to ensure adherence to the Council’s policies, statutory and legal regulations and donor reporting requirements.
- Plan, organize and undertake internal audit checks ensuring clear audit trails, records and documentation exist for ease of external audit.
- Review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management
Qualifications for the Assistant Internal Auditor Job
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas: Accounting, Finance, Business or any related field.
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- CPA Part (K),
- CISA/CFA/Certified Internal Auditor is an added advantage
- At least five (2) years relevant experience.
- Must have experience in service industry
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Strong critical and analytical skills and attention to details
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite, DOS, Accounting packages)
- Should be an active member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya.
- High level skills in accounting in a computerized environment.(e.g. Net-suite Open Air/Enterprise Resource planning (ERP)
- Proven financial management skills.
- Should possess strong communication, negotiation, and administration skills.
- Should have knowledge in general risk management and business management.
- Exemplary level of personal and professional integrity
- Good knowledge of KAS, IAS, IFRS and Tax laws
- High level skills in accounting in a computerized environment.
- Proven financial management skills.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form(Click Here to Download).
Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to [email protected] indicating job reference number in the email subject line.
The application forms to be received not later than 12.00 noon on 31st August 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please indicate the position and Job Ref Number you are applying for in the subject line of the email.