Accounts Assistant Jobs at NCCK
Ref. No: AA-URAP
NCCK, an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Accounts Assistant Job Responsibilities
Prudent Management of project funds
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecasts against project needs and budget
- Prepare cash request on the basis of planned activities, expenditure and commitments as per budget lines
- Conduct monthly cash count and prepare cash certificates
- Verify authenticity of various payments, ensuring proper authorization, support documentation and accounting to appropriate budget lines.
- Disburse fully authorized floats for planned activities and follow-up accountability of the same within 48 hours of completing such activities
- Ensure spending within the budget lines by the project implementers
- Ensure that payments to CHW’s, Data Collectors and Peer Leaders are fully supported.
- Verify, together with the health coordinator, medical bills from the referral hospitals to ensure accuracy before payment.
- Liaise with the various hospitals that URAP works with to ensure that all invoices are submitted to NCCK by the 5th of every month.
- Ensure that the said invoices once received by the 5th of the month are paid before the 30th of that month.
- Make visits to the hospitals as required in cases of discrepancies in payment records.
Maintain Records and books of accounts related to Urban Refugee Assistance Programmes.
- Maintain an updated Asset list for Eastleigh and Huruma office
- Ensure that all Urap assets are well secured and coded
- Maintain an up to date asset listing stating the location/user
- Ensure proper handing over and safe custody of the assets upon staff transition
- Prepare budget vs. actual monthly income and expenditure report to head office as part of the monthly management Accounts for the Programme.
- Participate in budget preparation for the Programme.
- Facilitate smooth external audit and verification of the projects documents
- Liaise with Health Coordinator on all Project expenditure and cash flows
- Liaise with UNHCR, NCCK URAP Huruma office and Head Office management on all financial matters of the project.
- Liaise with the Head Office URAP accountant and Senior Programmes Account on all financial matters.
- Attend seminars and meetings related to project work as may be requested.
- Provide leadership in financial management and stewardship.
- Carry out occasional visits to project implementation sites as it may be necessary to confirm the activities and stock take.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications for the Accounts Assistant Job
- Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- At least Form IV – KCSE or equivalent.
- Part qualification professional accounting qualifications – At least CPA II.
- Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in computerized accounting system.
- Must be flexible and versatile.
- Work under minimum supervision
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form(Click Here to Download), fill it out and send it via email to [email protected] before 12.00 Noon on 1st April 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.