Assistant Accountant Jobs at NCCK
Location: Jumuia Hotel, Kisumu
Ref No: AA-JHK
NCCK, an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Ensure the security and proper handling of cash, and to keep track of all purchases and issues by ensuring proper records are maintained of all inventories.
Assistant Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Conduct and keep proper record of daily count of float in the safe and promptly report any shortages or overages to the Accountant or Manager.
- Receive and receipt payments from guests and other third parties.
- Receive cash from the Bank for use as extra float, petty cash and other transactions.
- Reconciliation of the daily sales report from the front office and Food and beverage department
- Pay salaries and wages paid for by cash.
- Make all petty cash payments in accordance with procedures, ensuring that vouchers have been authorized and accompanied with proper documentation.
- Distribution of cheques and stamping of all paid invoices.
- Responsible for encashment of cheques.
- Posting of cash receipt journals.
- Preparation of statutory returns and ensuring they are submitted in time.
- Prepare inter-mediate management reports, creditors & Debtors reports, and monthly cash flow reconciliation report.
- Preparation of monthly stock reconciliation report, food sales and beverage sales report, motor vehicle fuel consumption report.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Qualifications for the Assistant Accountant Job
- At least Form IV – KCSE or equivalent.
- Part qualification professional accounting qualifications – At least CPA II
- At least one year experience in a similar position
- High-level skill in accounting and financial matters.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in computerized accounting system.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form(Click Here to Download), fill it out and send it via email to [email protected] before 12.00 Noon on 1st April 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.