Assistant Storekeeper Jobs at NCCK
Location: Kakuma Refugee Camp
Ref. No: AS-KRC
NCCK, an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Main Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for all warehouse operations activities including requisition and receiving, deliveries, coordinating stock, documenting warehouse transactions, maintaining records, and overseeing storage of surplus inventory and other assets.
Assistant Storekeeper Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and inspects all incoming supplies and reconciles with purchase orders, processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders, reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Fill supply requisitions, assist Programmes and other units to order adequate and supplies and oversee delivery.
- Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes
- Maintains the warehouse in a neat and orderly manner.
- Manage own work load ensuring most effective use of time
- Manage own annual leave in line with the HR policies and procedures.
Qualifications for the Assistant Storekeeper Job
- At least “O” Level (KCSE) Secondary School Certificate.
- At least certificate on supply chain management/or business administration
- Ability to perform general storekeeping and warehouse duties
- Ability to perform physical labor and understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Should be able to maintain cooperative working relationships and demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for diverse cultures
- Knowledge of modern warehouse procedures including methods of proper and orderly storage and issuance of materials;
- Basic stock inventory procedures and be familiar with requisitions, purchase orders, invoices.
- Should be computer literate on Microsoft office packages especially excel, word and access
- 2 years experience in a similar position
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form (Click Here to Download), fill it out and send it via email to [email protected] before 12.00 Noon on 1st April 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.