Camp Accounting Jobs at NCCK
Location: Dadaab Refugee Camp
NCCK, an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Camp Accounting Job Duties and Responsibilities
Prudent Management of project funds
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecasts against project needs and budget
- Prepare cash request on the basis of planned activities, expenditure and commitments as per budget lines
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations on or before 10th of every month
- Conduct monthly cash count and prepare cash certificates
- Verify authenticity of various payments, ensuring proper authorization, support documentation and accounting to appropriate budget lines.
- Act as bank Agent in the operation of NCCK/RSP Bank accounts in Dadaab.
- Custodian of the Camp accountable documents
- Disburse fully authorized floats for planned activities and follow-up accountability of the same within 48 hours of completing such activities
- Ensure spending within the budget lines by the project implementers
- Ensure that payments to incentive workers are fully supported and signed by recipients.
Maintain Records and books of accounts related to Refugee Services Programmes in Dadaab.
- Ensure timely keying in of programme accounting data into the software.
- Review float returns made and ensure that they are accurate, complete, properly supported, analyzed and coded against the budget.
- Ensure all expenditure returns are properly captured and posted in respective budget codes.
- Ensure proper and sequenced filing of all accounting payment vouchers, supporting documents and Petty cash reimbursements
- Ensure that all Camp assets are well secured and coded
- Ensure maintenance of an up to date asset listing stating the location/user
- Ensure proper handing over and safe custody of the assets upon staff transition
- Ensure disposal of assets is in line with NCCK and UNHCR disposal policy
- Prepare timely Implementing Partner Financial Report (IPFR) as per the donor guidelines
- Prepare monthly General Ledger for updating the Head Office accounting system.
- Prepare budget vs. actual monthly income and expenditure report to head office as part of the monthly management Accounts for the Camp.
- Participate in budget preparation for the Camp.
- Facilitate smooth external audit and verification of the projects
- Facilitate monthly reconciliation of the Camp float account with Head Office
- Liaise with Camp Coordinator on all Project expenditure and cash flows
- Liaise with UNHCR, NCCK Dadaab office and Head Office management on all financial matters of the project.
- Liaise with the Head Office RSP accountant and Senior Programmes Account on all financial matters.
- Attend seminars and meetings related to project work as may be requested.
- Provide leadership in financial management and stewardship.
- Carry out occasional visits to project implementation sites as it may be necessary to confirm the activities and stock take.
- Provide Leadership to the Assistant Accountant
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications for the Camp Accounting Job
- Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- At least Form IV – KCSE or equivalent.
- Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- Part qualification professional accounting qualifications – At least CPA II
- Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in computerized accounting system.
- Must be flexible and versatile.
- Work under minimum supervision
- At least 2 year’s experience in a similar position.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form (Click Here to Download), fill it out and send it via email to [email protected] before 12.00 Noon on 1st April 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.