Health Coordinator Jobs at NCCK
Ref No: HC-URAP
NCCK, an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Health Coordinator Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee smooth implementation of primary health care, preventive and outreach health services to urban refugees in Nairobi. Improve the reproductive health services provided.
- Review and update, if necessary, all procedures, forms and documents used by the department on a regular basis.
- Responsible for the strategic direction and project development of the department in collaboration with the project manager.
- Oversee and facilitate the medical referral system from Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps. This entails communicating with the medical coordinators at the camp on details of patients, travel arrangements and ensures timely feedback system. This will also involve regular missions to the camp.
- Responsible for the overall management of all referrals in the respective health facilities; this entails visiting the hospitals, communicating with the hospital doctors, reviewing treatment offered on a regular basis and following expenditure.
- Maintain a strict budget monitoring system on a monthly basis. Plan activities appropriately with the Project Manager. Prepare cash forecasts
- Responsible for the development of the medical reports for UNHCR on a monthly, quarterly, 6 months, 9 months and annual report. These are submitted to Project Manager.
- Facilitate identification, partnership and recording of suitable partners for the provision of medical services for refugees.
- Work closely with the Community Services Coordinator, Managers of the Accommodation Centre and Project
- Manager in identifying gaps in services provided and where these services can be accessed.
- Develop fund-raising proposals for potential donors on medical activities, in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Participate in all relevant UNHCR, Government or City council coordination meetings (health/nutrition/technical) on a weekly /monthly basis. Record the minutes to share with project / program manager and section heads.
- Represent the Council as a technical expert regarding health/nutrition, when required by project/program manager.
- Initiate proper data collection on the general health situation of refugee communities (Somali, Ethiopian, Great Lakes and Sudanese) in Nairobi depending on age, gender and nationality.
- Create awareness amongst refugees on certain priority areas such as prevention of HIV-AIDS or what to do after a rape incident? Work closely with the other departments.
- On call 24 hours daily to provide directions on any emergency referral.
- Prepare staff appraisals to monitor performance identify objectives, work plan and training needs on an annual basis.
- Provide any disciplinary action, in consultation with the Section Head/HR Officer if required. All action must be recorded in the staff files.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications for the Health Coordinator Job
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- A registered member of the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Computer Literate
- 3 year working experience preferably in a camp setup
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form(Click Here to Download), fill it out and send it via email to [email protected] before 12.00 Noon on 1st April 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.