Waiter Jobs at NCCK
Location: Jumuia Hotel Kisumu
Ref No: W-JHK / JCH
NCCK, an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Waiter Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that personal grooming, personal etiquettes and hygiene/sanitation is highly maintained and the philosophy of management of Jumuia Guest House is well-represented i.e. professional, prompt and personal service.
- Receive, welcome and seat guests in the restaurant.
- Exercise his/her skills and personal qualities and make sure that the customers are provided with quality service as required by the food and beverage service profession e.g. welcoming guests, sitting guest, order taking, service, clearance and billing.
- Handle and maintain service equipments and service area in a professional manner.
- Handle food hygienically handled to avoid contamination.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness in the assigned areas within the restaurant.
- Make the cash summary for the day sale and receipt them at the front office.
- Set up tables and food service areas for specific occasions.
- Undertake banqueting activities.
- Undertake outside catering services when required.
- Liaise with the Chief Waiter in raising requisition for non-food and food items from the stores and ensure efficient usage and control.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Qualifications for the Waiter Job
- At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
- Certificate in Food and Beverage Service.
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least one year.
- Ability to work long and odd hours.
- Good public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Strong salesmanship.
- Good command of English and Kiswahili.
- Must have good multi-cultural orientation.
- High personal standards – cleanliness and neatness.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must be a team player.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form(Click Here to Download), fill it out and send it via email to [email protected] before 12.00 Noon on 1st April 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.